Hummus with Spinach
A delicious vegan dip full of macro- and micronutrients.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- .5-1 cup water used for cooking chickpeas (also called aquafaba)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mix of ground coriander and cumin
- 1-2 cloves garlic use less, if you are taking it to work :)
- 1/2 lemon juice approx. 2 tbsp.
- salt and pepper to taste
- add red chili pepper if you like spicy
Soak chickpeas overnight or at least for 4-5 hours. Cook the chickpeas for about 45 minutes.
Add chickpeas with some water they were cooked in, spinach, tahini, salt, pepper, spices mix, lemon juice, and garlic into a food processor. Run it for a couple of minutes until everything is well-blended. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.