Vegan Whole Wheat and Almond Meal Waffles
This is a healthier option of waffles with no sugar added.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1.5 cup plant-based milk I use soy or almond milk. Oat milk will work too!
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 banana
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal add up to 1/4 c more if the batter is too runny
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour can substitute for arrowroot or rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp flax meal optional
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt can use regular kosher salt too
In a smaller bowl, mix plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar and let it curdle. I find the soy milk curdles better than other plant-based milks, but almond milk will work too.
Turn on the waffle maker.
In a bigger bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk.
Mash banana on a saucer/plate and add it to the milk/apple cider blend. Mix it and add to the dry ingredients bowl and mix. Don't need to overdo.
Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron.
Wait till the light turns green the second time (it may take 4 to 7 minutes) and check the waffles.They must be golden and crispy on the outside but still softer on the inside.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg